Thursday, April 26, 2007

Maybe I'm in the Top Ten

I sat down on the edge of the bed as I took my 6-year-old son to bed tonight. Following our usual routine, I sang "You Are My Sunshine" to him. When we had finished our bedtime prayers, he very sweetly told me that he loved me. Then, with a gentle hand patting my arm he said, "You're probably the best mom I've ever met." I told him thank you and that he was the best son I'd ever met. Then he said, "You're probably the only mom who hasn't given her kid ice cream money for the whole month of April, too."

Maybe that's why I'm only "probably" the best mom he's ever met. One should never underestimate the importance of ice cream!

4 comments:

Joan said...

thanks for sharing this! I just pasted it into his document on my computer. Sweet, sweet (manipulative?) child!

Joan said...

I hope you don't mind -- I submitted this one to the Carnival of Family Life. I was going to submit it to the Carnival of Kid Comedy, but she has apparently dicontinued that carnival.

Joan said...

I posted this in your name to the Carnival of Kid Comedy. You can find it at Life in a Shoe http://inashoe.blogspot.com/2007/04/kid-comedy_27.html
she apparently is not doing the carnival the usual way. At her site just click on each person who linked to read their cute-kid story. Go read some cute stories.

Unknown said...

Lyn, that is priceless. It is amazing how a child's mind works!