Saturday, February 3, 2007

Saturday Gratitude #5

A friend of mine was buried Thursday after dying suddenly from a brain aneurysm. On the day I traveled 4 hours round trip to attend her funeral, I thought about the many things in my daily life that I am fortunate enough to have life and breath to enjoy. I am thankful for simple pleasures. I am thankful for running water, sunshine, the smell of flowers, the look of ice glistening in the sun as it weighs down tree limbs, beautiful sunny days, and Kleenex. I am thankful for good friends to cry with and friends to travel 4 hours with and never run out of conversation. I am thankful for the love and support of family. I am thankful for my health. I am thankful for time - time to share with my kids, husband, parents, family, and friends. I am thankful that breathing is easy, walking is effortless, communicating is natural, and living is not a struggle or battle. I take these blessings for granted. I am thankful for today and the life to enjoy it. I don't know what tomorrow holds. I have a renewed intention to cherish each moment with loved ones, enjoy life, look for the positive, play, make time for important things, show love always, and help others freely. My blessings are too many to count, but I don't want that to stop me from counting them every day.

3 comments:

Carol said...

Amen! I'm sorry for the loss of your teacher-friend.

Anonymous said...

That was beautiful, Lyn. I'm so sorry about your friend.

Joan said...

That was beautiful. Those of us who are realtively healthy and have loving families are blessed beyond measure -- and don't usually realize it!