This season has reinforced to me how very fortunate I am for my family.
1. I am thankful for my husband who is supportive of me and my wants and needs. He goes with the flow and is comfortable and happy with my huge family and big get-togethers. I'm thankful he doesn't just put up with all of us, but enjoys it and participates.
2. I am thankful for my 3 children who absolutely wear me out, but bring me more joy than I ever knew was possible. My life has changed drastically in the last nine years with the births of these 3 unique little people. I've never been more exhausted and I've never been happier or laughed as much! They are the light of my life!
3. I am thankful for parents who drove 2 hours to my house today and 2 hours back home just to see what Santa brought my children. Not because my parents are that anxious to see things they've already had described to them on the phone. But because it's important to my children that they see the toys and my children are important to my parents. My dad once drove 1 1/2 hours to get to my oldest daughter's pre-K graduation. I told him that I hated for him to drive that far for a 15 minute ceremony. His response was, "That's not the point. The point is for B to know how very important she is to me." That was the point to them today. I'm thankful for that love.
4. I'm thankful for my brother and sister-in-law who opened their home for us to stay in over Christmas. I'm thankful they let their youngest come back with us and spend a couple of days. The girls had a blast and built bonds that will last forever.
5. I am thankful that the Christmas season gives us time to get together and spend good, quality time with each other. I am happy that Christmas makes the world slow down and make time for family.